Lime-Garlic Shrimp with Mango-Mint Salsa
Lime-Garlic Shrimp with Mango-Mint Salsa is like eating summer on a plate. Cool, refreshing, citrusy, minty and delicious. Perfect to enjoy on a hot summer evening, while sitting on the patio, basking in the sights and sounds of summer. This delicious shrimp meal can be served warm or at room temperature.
Fresh Summer Flavors
Lime, garlic, mango, mint, red onion and jalapeno are just a few of the incredible flavors that blend together beautifully to make this a tasty and satisfying summertime meal. If you aren’t a fan of shrimp, don’t shy away from making this recipe. The mango-mint salsa is worth making and serving with tortilla chips and you can easily substitute grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts or grilled scallops for the shrimp.
You can serve Lime-Garlic Shrimp over chilled mint rice and serve the mango-mint salsa on the side. You can serve traditional margaritas with this meal or a nice light fruity wine, such as a German Riesling.
Lime-Garlic Shrimp with
unpeeled, jumbo raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons
fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon
hot chili oil
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons
- Peel shrimp and devein. Leave tails on, if desired. Set aside.
- Combine lime juice, and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350º to 400º)
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place shrimp on rack; grill, uncovered, 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- To serve: spoon salsa onto serving plate, arrange shrimp on top of salsa.