On the Menu Today~
Apple Pancakes with
Apple Pancakes with Streusel Topping
Not only are Apple Pancakes with Streusel Topping Delicious..
they are easy to prepare using a boxed pancake mix or
you can use your favorite pancake recipe.
1 box of your
favorite buttermilk pancake mix
eggs, water and oil
called for on boxed pancake mix
apple, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
butter, room temperature
- Prepare streusel topping; In a small bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Prepare your favorite pancake recipe or use your favorite boxed pancake mix, prepared per directions on box; add diced apple to pancake batter. Stir well, let batter sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat griddle to 350º F. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Ladle pancake batter onto hot griddle. Turn pancakes over when surface bubbles appear, flip over and cook until golden brown.
- To serve: Place hot pancakes on oven-proof plate, sprinkle with streusel topping. Set oven to broil, place stack of pancakes on oven rack, 6 inches under broiler, broil for 1 to 3 minutes or until brown sugar and butter melt. Watch carefully!
- Serve with maple syrup and extra chopped apples.