We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Recipe adapted from Simply Sourdough
- 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
warm water, mix together baking soda and warm water right before needed
- In a large bowl, add sourdough starter, sugar, egg, oil and salt. Mix well; set aside.
- Important: Only add the baking soda/water mixture to the pancake batter just before you are ready to cook the pancakes. Make certain everything is ready and the griddle is hot and heated to 350º to 375º
- When ready to cook, gently fold the baking soda/water mixture into prepared pancake batter.
- Let the mixture bubble and foam a minute or two before using.
- Lightly grease hot griddle, pour batter onto hot griddle, turn pancakes over when bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.
Health Note: Spinach contains folic acid for the formation of healthy red blood cells. The iron it contains helps red blood cells carry oxygen to tissues~