We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
A Week of Sourdough Recipes
Good Morning Everyone. Let’s make some pancakes! This fast and easy recipe for sourdough pancakes is adapted from the cookbook; Simply Sourdough, The Alaskan Way by Kathy Doogan. This super cookbook has given me many delicious sourdough recipes. I’ve tried over half of the 40 recipes featured in the cookbook. Each and every recipe has turned out. All of the recipes that we have shared during our week long series; A Week of Sourdough Recipes, only one recipe ‘Big Batch Sourdough Biscuits’ isn’t from Simply Sourdough.
- 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
warm water, mix together baking soda and warm water right before needed
- In a large bowl, add sourdough starter, sugar, egg, oil and salt. Mix well; set aside.
- Important: Only add the baking soda/water mixture to the pancake batter just before you are ready to cook the pancakes. Make certain everything is ready and the griddle is hot and heated to 350º to 375º
- When ready to cook, gently fold the baking soda/water mixture into prepared pancake batter.
- Let the mixture bubble and foam a minute or two before using.
- Lightly grease hot griddle, pour batter onto hot griddle, turn pancakes over when bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.
Health Note: Spinach contains folic acid for the formation of healthy red blood cells. The iron it contains helps red blood cells carry oxygen to tissues~
Another sourdough recipe you’ll love; Sourdough Monkey Bread