These pancakes are delicious and
the perfect start to your morning~
A few years back,
When I worked at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store,
I asked the head chef what her secret was to making her pancakes so light and fluffy.
A question many customers asked also I might add.
She replied “Follow these three steps”
1. Have a super hot griddle.
2. Allow the pancake batter to “rest” 15 to 30 minutes before you use it and
3. Lightly oil your griddle, right before you pour on the batter.
My pancakes have turned out perfect every time.
packed light brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon and pecans. Put the filling into a heavy duty baggie and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, egg and oil just until moistened. Batter will have a few lumps. Let batter rest for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Gently stir batter. Dampen one end of a piece of cheesecloth with oil. Wipe the oil soaked end across the surface of the griddle. Use an ice cream scoop or 1/3 cup measuring cup to add the batter to the griddle
- Snip off one end of the baggie of cinnamon-pecan filling. Squeeze the filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl pattern or using a small spoon sprinkle the cinnamon-pecan filling on batter. Cook the pancakes 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles on the surface begin popping.
- Gently flip the pancake over and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.