On the Menu Today~
Stuffed Round Zucchini
Today as I was driving down County Road R,
on my way to my daughters house.
I was thrilled when I saw the familiar sign
on the side of the road.
My favorite produce stand, Kirchner Produce was open.
Back in business for another season
selling their wonderfully fresh and
very reasonably priced produce.
This year Kirchner Produce
was selling a new to me vegetable......
Yes, you read that right....
Kirchner Produce sells zucchini, cucumbers, dill, pumpkins and
many more seasonal vegetables.
Owners: Paul and Linda Kirchner
Kirchner Produce is located at:
7890 County Road R
Suring, WI 54174
Open from July through November
Kirchner Produce also had for sale:
Mini Decorative Corn
Dried Gourds and
Primed Dried Gourds
This recipe is so delicious~
The round zucchini is hollowed out like a pumpkin,
then filled with cooked ground beef and ground turkey,
diced onions, chopped green pepper, zucchini, cooked
rice, tomato sauce and topped with cheese.
What a great way to eat your vegetables!
Stuffed Round Zucchini
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons white karo syrup
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 4 small round zucchini OR
- 6 mini round zucchini
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and turkey with onion, green pepper and zucchini. Cook until meat is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Drain fat, return meat mixture back to skillet, stir in karo syrup, Parmesan cheese, ketchup, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, egg, seasonings and fresh parsley. Stir in cooked rice.
- Cut tops off of zucchini, scoop out seeds and membranes, discard. Fill zucchini cavities with meat mixture. Divide tomato sauce between zucchini, pouring a small amount on the top of each.
- Place stuffed zucchini in a baking dish. Add a small amouny of water to the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake at 375º F for 1 hour, carefully remove foil, sprinkle cheese on top of zucchini. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Zucchini, Beef, Stuffed
Until Next Time~