On the Menu Today~
with cooler temperatures this spring and a whole lotta rain…..
In fact, my hubby has a thing about green vegetables….
he doesn’t like them…at all…he won’t eat them either.
All the other green vegetables from Artichokes to Okra he won’t touch.
But I wasn’t going to pass up fresh, picked asparagus.
look for stems that are plum and straight.
look ‘woody’, the asparagus is older.
add about an inch or two of water.
Have you tried the ‘new’ google photos yet? It’s fantastic!
You can make movies using up to 50 photos,
make a collage using up to 9 photos,
you can even make a photo book and
you can add animation to photos too.
I think it’s fantastic and
I use it all the time.
Check it out…..
This is not a sponsored…
Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines,
we like to pass along quality ‘finds’,
‘food finds’ or information to our readers.
asparagus spears, trimmed
grated Parmesan cheese
grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Arrange asparagus spears, in a single layer on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly to coat. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle asparagus spears with minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven just until tender, 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove from and oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest just before serving.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash asparagus and pat dry. Trim off spear end by at least 1 to 2 inches.
- Slice strips of bacon down the center to make two long, thin pieces.*
- Wrap the bacon around the asparagus and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender, drain a few minutes on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.