On the Menu Today~
Amish-Style Baked Oatmeal
If you’re looking for a new and
delicious way to eat your oatmeal then
Amish-Style Baked Oatmeal is the answer.
Made with old-fashioned rolled oats, spices,
brown sugar, half and half, raisins and
cinnamon chips, baked oatmeal will sure to become a fast,
family favorite. The leftovers are super delicious too.
old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoons
lightly packed brown sugar
2 1/2 cups
milk or half and half
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup cinnamon chips
- Lightly grease a 2-quart or 9 x 9-inch baking dish (for super thick oatmeal) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325º
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, and maple extract.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and add the melted butter. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Fold in raisins and cinnamon chips.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.