On the Menu Today~
Pesto, Goat Cheese Polenta Bites
Having a Dinner Party?
Unexpected guests stopped by?
Need a fast and easy appetizer for Game Day?
Try Pesto Goat Cheese and Polenta Bites.
Featuring Cheese from~ “La Bonne Vie”
Pesto Goat Cheese Polenta Bites are made with a wonderful and delicious
Honey Goat Cheese from “La Bonne Vie” Cheese.
Serve these tasty bites with a glass of White Reisling
La Bonne Vie Cheese sent me some delicious and remarkable cheese.
I was more than happy to try this wonderful cheese.
La Bonne Vie Cheese is creamy, mild, and melts beautifully.
1 (18 oz) roll
organic polenta roll or homemade polenta
2 to 3 tablespoons
salt and pepper,
basil pesto or homemade basil pesto
honey goat cheese or goat cheese of your choice
2 to 4 tablespoons
fresh grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, set aside.
- Cut polenta into 10 to 12 rounds or shapes of your choice.
- Pan fry polenta rounds in olive oil until golden browned on both sides. (5 to 8 minutes per side on medium heat) Season with salt and pepper. Drain on paper towels.
- Place polenta rounds on parchment/foil lined baking sheet. Top each polenta round with a 1/2 teaspoon basil pesto. Top pesto with a small amount (1 teaspoon) honey goat cheese.
- Bake at 375º for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with lemon zest before serving.
1 3/4 cups
3 green onions,
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, gradually whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook until mixture thickens and cornmeal is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Turn off heat, add butter. Stir until butter melts. Stir in chopped green onions.
- Lightly butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, pour polenta into prepared dish, spread into a 1/2 inch thick layer, spreading it out as evenly as you can. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Using a 1 to 1 1/2 inch round cookie/biscuit cutter or shape of your choice, cut out rounds. (as many as you can) Continue with pan frying directions above.
fresh basil leaves, packed
freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper,
- Place basil leaves and pine nuts in food processor. Pulse several times. Add the garlic and Romano or Parmesan cheese, pulse several times, scrap down sides. While food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Scrape down sides again. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.