On the Menu Today~
Oatmeal Scotchie Muffins
If you like biting into a warm oatmeal scotchie cookie…
you will love these muffins.
They are delicious!
1 1/3 cups
milk or almond milk
melted butter, cooled
eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 400º Grease muffin tin pan. (I used my jumbo muffin pan that makes 6)
- In a large bowl combine oats, almond milk or milk and brown sugar. Set aside, let stand for 1 hour. Combine melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Add to oatmeal mixture. Stir well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to oat/egg mixture. Stir just until combined. Gently stir in butterscotch chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove muffins from muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
Kitchen Tip~ For a rich, toasty flavor, bake nuts in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 or until they are golden, stirring occasionally.