On the Menu Today~
24 hour salad
Seven layer salad…
24 hour salad…
This salad goes by many different names but
whatever the name it goes by..
24 hour salad looks great served in a large glass bowl.
An old, inexpensive punch bowl found at any thrift store or
goodwill is ideal for this salad.
I bought my punch bowl at goodwill a few years ago
(without the cups) for $1.99.
I use it for trifle, dirt cake,
even potato salad.
24 hour salad is the perfect salad
to bring along to your upcoming
4th of July gathering~
shredded iceberg lettuce
chopped green pepper
chopped red onion
frozen green peas, thawed
julienne water chestnuts
1 1/2 cups
miracle whip salad dressing
1 to 2 tablespoons
shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Mix together mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, layer vegetables in order given.
- Spread mayo mixture over the top and spread mixture to the edges of the bowl to seal.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
Until Next Time~