We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I love cheese popcorn!
In fact, I love any kind of popcorn.
The next time your craving popcorn,
try this recipe for cheesy popcorn~
- 12 cups
popped corn (remove any un-popped popcorn kernels)
- 1/2 teaspoon
salt or to taste
- 1 cup
white cheddar cheese powder*
- 1 teaspoon
chili powder for mild
- 1 teaspoon
cayenne powder for hot
- 1 1/2 sticks
- Preheat oven to 250º
- Popcorn can be air popped to reduce fat or popped in oil.
- Place popped popcorn in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt, to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together the white cheddar cheese powder and chili or cayenne powder; set aside.
- In a small microwave proof bowl, melt the butter.
- Pour the melted butter over the popped corn and stir to coat popcorn.
- Immediately pour the cheese mixture over the buttered popcorn, stir to evenly coat popcorn.
- Bake at 250º for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and pour popcorn on waxed or parchment paper. Cool.
- Store in a resealable airtight container or in plastic resealable baggies.
*Powdered cheddar cheese is located by the bags of un-popped popcorn kernels in most grocery stores and in the spice aisle.