On the Menu Today~
Easy Black Forest Cake~
I found this fantastic and easy recipe in:
Fast Fixes with Mixes Cookbook from Taste of Home.
It became a fast, family favorite!
All you need are 6 ingredients…and
you’ll have a dessert everyone will love!
the marshmallows and cherry pie filling trade places.
The cherry pie filling sinks to the bottom and
the marshmallows rise to the top.
The marshmallows melt and become slightly toasted.
You can “frost” the cooled cake with whipped topping or
serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 (18 1/2 oz) box chocolate cake mix
water, eggs, oil
called for on back of cake mix box
1 (21 oz)
cherry pie filling
whipped topping, optional
- Sprinkle marshmallows in a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour over the marshmallows.
- Spoon pie filling over batter.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool pan on wire rack.
Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
Store in the refrigerator