On the Menu Today~
Beef Tenderloin Tips in Wine Sauce
In my neck of the woods,
you will most likely find this
Classic Dish on Supper Club Menus.
This tasty dish goes by several names:
Beef Tips, Beef Stroganoff, Company Beef and
Beef Tenderloin Tips in Wine Sauce~
Serve Beef Tenderloin Tips in Wine Sauce over
Hot, Buttered, Egg Dumpling Noodles~
This is my version of that Classic
Northwoods House Specialty.
shallot, thinly sliced
fresh mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper
cream of mushroom soup
beefy-onion soup mix
2 (8 oz)
beef tenderloins, cut into large pieces
sour cream, optional
16 ounce package
egg dumpling noodles
- Saute’ garlic, shallot and sliced mushrooms in oil and butter, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix together soup, beefy-onion soup mix and red wine.
- Add mushroom mixture to soup mixture, mix well. Add beef tenderloin, mix well.
- Pour all into a 2 quart buttered casserole dish, cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 300º for 2-1/2 hours, remove foil. Stir in sour cream if using.
- Bake 1 hour longer, uncovered.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Serve tenderloin tips over hot buttered noodles.
*This recipe can be doubled with the same great results
*Left-overs are fantastic!
Mix together any left-over buttered noodles with
any left-over beef tenderloin tips in wine sauce and
bake at 350º until hot and bubbly.