Creamy Lemon Chicken
With the long, dark dreary months behind us,
it's time to lighten up the menu a bit and
break out the chicken recipes.
Time to put the slow-cooker away and
the heavier recipes for stews, soups and goulash
back on the shelf for awhile....
After all, Spring has Sprung!
It's time for fresh flavors.
This is one of our favorite ways to prepare boneless,
skinless chicken breasts.
Lemon-pepper seasoning, meyer lemon juice,
chicken broth and heavy cream are combined with chopped spinach,
to make a delicious, creamy, lemony chicken dish served over a package of
Artisan garden-herb tagliatelle pasta.
Artisan pasta has become increasingly easy to obtained.
Most, if not all, grocery stores now carry some
type of Artisan flavored pasta.
Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines,
we love us some flavored pasta!
Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 4 to 6 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 4 whole meyer lemons
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 pound Artisan garden herb tagliatelle pasta
- chopped parsley, garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dredge chicken breasts in the flour, season each side of the chicken breasts with lemon-pepper seasoning. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side or until cooked throughout and no longer pink inside. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Turn the heat to medium low. Add broth, juice from lemons, heavy cream, and capers. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat to medium low. Test the sauce and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for about 3 mins. Return chicken breasts back to cream mixture. Cover and cook on medium low for 15 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- While chicken breasts are cooking, make pasta according to package directions. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked noodles.