There is nothing better,
Than getting up early on a Saturday morning,
Sitting down at the table and
Enjoying a homemade Blueberry Muffin...
Straight out of the oven.
Add a hot, steaming cuppa coffee ...perfect....
This recipe is another wonderful recipe from the cookbook:
"Simply Sourdough ~The Alaska Way~ by Kathy Doogan.
This recipe uses a sourdough starter to make blueberry muffins~
Who doesn't like Blueberry Muffins.
I used my Jumbo Muffin tin pan to make these delicious muffins.
Want to make your own sourdough starter and begin making your own sourdough goodies?
For more information check out my other posts on sourdough:
Sourdough Coffee Cake and a Start, Rye Sourdough Starter, Rye Sourdough Bread,
Sourdough Starters, and Sourdough Love.
Sourdough Blueberry Muffins~
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen*
- In a large bowl, stir together starter, oil, water, egg, brown sugar and lemon zest.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- Stir into sourdough mixture, just until combined, do not over mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into a greased jumbo size muffin tin pan*
- Fill cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Makes 6 jumbo muffins.
Sourdough, Blueberry, Muffins
*Note: If using frozen berries, do not thaw before folding in.
*Muffins can be made in a regular muffin tin, yield 12.
Health Note: Dairy foods such as nonfat milk and low-fat yogurt often contain bone-building nutrients like vitamin D and calcium. Be sure to read labels and compare to get the best bone benefits in every bite~