We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Candied Bacon Little Smokies
At the Lake
Here at the we search high and low for easy yet delicious appetizers to serve after a long day of swimming or canoeing around the lake. Nothing hits the spot better than a ‘bacon’ wrapped snack and bacon wrapped smokies are a favorite. They are easy to prepare, don’t heat up your kitchen and most importantly are enjoying by all.
- 12 ounces (12 to 13 strips) bacon
- 14 ounce package little smokies (cocktail links)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds, wrap each Lil smokie with a 1/3 slice of bacon.
- Push a toothpick through bacon and smokies near the overlap to hold the bacon in place.
- In a resealable bag, add brown sugar and optional chili powder.
- Add the bacon wrapped smokies.
- Seal bag.
- Shake bag gently to coat each bacon wrapped smokies.
- Arrange them on the foil lined baking sheet, arrange so they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is browned and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Here is another great bacon wrapped appetizer to serve at your next gathering. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Filled Dogs