On the Menu Today~
Put some “fall” color into your day with
these fun and colorful pancakes.
You can make these pancakes in any color you like.
You can use a boxed pancake mix or make your own.
We made our pancakes using a boxed, complete pancake mix and
used gel food coloring in: violet, lemon yellow, chocolate brown,
orange, leaf green, and super red.
A dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and
a few sprinkles are all that is needed to finish these fun, colorful pancakes.
original complete pancake and waffle mix*
1 1/2 cups
violet, lemon yellow, chocolate brown,
orange, leaf green and super red soft gel paste food color*
maple syrup, whipped cream and/or
- Heat electric griddle to 375º F.
- Combine pancake mix and water, stir until large lumps disappear. (do not beat or over mix)
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Divide pancake batter between six bowls.
- Use food coloring to color batter violet, yellow, brown, orange, green and red.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup colored batter for each pancake onto lightly greased griddle.
- Turn when surface of pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
- Stack pancakes and pour over maple syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and/or colored sprinkles.
*Recipe tested with Aunt Jemima Original Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix and
AmeriColor Soft Gel Paste Food Color.