We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Fall Colored Pancakes
Put some “fall” color into your day with these fun fall colored pancakes. You can make these pancakes in any color you like. We used a boxed pancake mix or but you can certainly make your own. We made our pancakes using a boxed complete pancake mix. but you can certainly make your own pancake batter. The fall colors we went with for our pancakes are; violet, lemon yellow, chocolate brown, orange, leaf green and bright red. We used Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Color and Aunt Jemima Original Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix.
A dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and a few sprinkles are all that is needed to finish these fun, colorful pancakes. Of course you can serve these fun filled pancakes with strips of crispy bacon and a small glass of orange juice. Your kids will run to the table when they see these festive pancakes! After making these fall inspired pancakes you’ll be ready to make your family Eggnog Waffles
- 2 cups
original complete pancake and waffle mix*
- 1 1/2 cups
- violet, lemon yellow, chocolate brown,
orange, leaf green and super red soft gel paste food color*
- maple syrup, whipped cream and/or
- Heat electric griddle to 375º F.
- Combine pancake mix and water, stir until large lumps disappear. (do not beat or over mix)
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Divide pancake batter between six bowls.
- Use food coloring to color batter violet, yellow, brown, orange, green and red.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup colored batter for each pancake onto lightly greased griddle.
- Turn when surface of pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
- Stack pancakes and pour over maple syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and/or colored sprinkles.