We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon
Football Friday and the Game Day Recipe. Who doesn’t like Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon? Even if you’re not a big fan of spicy, like me, you’ll still like jalapeño poppers. When I originally made these, I had my hubby in mind, he’s the chili head in the family but I couldn’t believe how much I liked them. In fact, I think I liked them better than my hubby did. Trust me, jalapeno Poppers will be the hit of your next party.
Perfect Finger Food
Spicy, Cheesy, with the Smokiness of Bacon. What more can you ask for. Jalapeño Poppers Wrapped in Bacon are perfect to serve during any football, baseball, or basketball game. The perfect finger food, jalapeño poppers wrapped in bacon can be served before, during or after any game your sports loving hubby may be watching. Unlike some appetizers, jalapeño poppers hold up well, even when left sitting out for awhile. They’re also just as tasty eaten at room temperature, which is a plus in my book.
Jalapeño Poppers are very inexpensive to make also. Twelve jalapeño peppers don’t cost more than a couple of dollars, cream cheese is relatively inexpensive, (buy when on sale) and buy a good quality bacon. You’ll need twelve slices of bacon, cut in half. We are huge fans of blue cheese but if you aren’t substitute grated Parmesan cheese, goat cheese crumbled or shredded white cheddar cheese. The possibilities are endless.
- 2 (8 oz) packages
cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 to 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- salt and pepper,
- 1/2 cup
crumbled blue cheese
jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed (24 total)
- 12 slices
bacon, cut in half (24 total)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until creamy. Add hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Beat until creamy. Stir in crumbled blue cheese.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a scissors, snip off one corner of a large ziplock baggie. Spoon cheese mixture into baggie. Pipe cheese into jalapeno halves. Wrap a slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper.
- Arrange bacon wrapped peppers on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven until bacon is crispy and cheese is bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes