We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Frozen Grasshopper Pie
Want a pie that is light, minty, creamy and refreshing? Then this is the pie for you. It’s perfect after any meal or on a hot summer evening. This pie is so versatile and can be made for several different “holidays.” From Christmas to St. Patrick’s Day, Easter to the 4th of July, this pie will soon become your best friend. Cool, creamy and perfect.
An All Occasion Pie
During the holidays, substitute green creme de menthe for the clear cream de menthe. Make a chocolate cookie crust made from crushed oreo Cookies. Garnish the pie with crushed red and white candy canes. Grasshopper Pie is delicious and the perfect multi-festive holiday dessert. Once again for St Patrick’s Day, use green colored cream de menthe. In the summertime this cool and minty pie is so refreshing. Serve slices of frozen grasshopper pie on a bed of shaved or grated chocolate mint candy bar.
Cool, minty and refreshing
- 1 9-inch ready made graham cracker crust or chocolate cookie crust
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe or green creme de menthe
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao
- 4 ounces frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: additional whipped topping, shaved chocolate mint candy bar, crushed candy canes
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and liqueurs. Fold in whipped topping. Chill 20 minutes; spoon filling into crust.
Freeze 4 hours or until set. Store pie in freezer.