I found this delicious Cranberry Swirl Bread
recipe in a Pillsbury Recipe Booklet that I bought in 1988.
I have been making every year for Thanksgiving ever since.
The ‘swirl’ part of this recipe is cream cheese.
How good does that sound!
Cranberry Swirl Bread
2 (3 oz each) packages
cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
grated orange zest
1 1/2 cups
coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- Heat oven to 350º Grease and flour 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In small bowl beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, add egg, blend well. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off, in large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest.
- Stir in apple juice, butter and beaten egg. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350º for 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool on wire rack until completely cool.
- Wrap bread tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store in refrigerator overnight. Slice bread the next day.
Recipe from: Pillsbury