A layer of orange marmalade adds
a new twist to this delicious
cranberry bread recipe~
grated orange peel
1 1/2 teaspoons
fresh halved cranberries
sweet orange marmalade
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350º
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat with a fork, the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter into prepared loaf pan, top batter with 4 tablespoons of orange marmalade, spoon remaining batter over marmalade
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool on wire rack.