On the Menu Today~
This is our recipe for Classic Chili or
a recipe I have been making for many years.
I always made a big pot of this delicious, chili
every year on Halloween…
Nothing hits the spot better….
when you come in from the cold…
than a hot, steamy bowl of chili.
Serve with buttered saltine crackers and
a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
2 1/2 pounds
ground Italian sausage, optional
celery ribs, chopped
green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves
1 can (46 oz)
1 can (28 oz)
diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 oz)
diced tomatoes with diced green chilies
1 can (4 oz)
diced green chilies, undrained
2 cans (10 3/4 oz)
condensed tomato soup, undiluted
soup can water
1 can (14 oz)
1 can (16 oz)
1 can (15 oz)
2 cans (16 oz)
chili beans in chili sauce, hot or mild
2 to 4 tablespoons
red pepper flakes
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix, (McCormick)
salt and pepper to taste
cavatappi noodles or noodles of your choice, cooked and drained
- In a large soup pot, brown ground beef, sausage, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Add tomato juice, diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, diced green chilies, tomato soup, water, beef broth, kidney beans, black beans, chili beans, chili powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, brown sugar, envelope chili seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or longer.
- Stir in noodles, cook, uncovered for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Before serving, discard bay leaves.