On the Menu Today~
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip
Amish Friendship Bread made with
Amish Friendship Bread Starter
Before you can make this delicious pumpkin spice bread,
you'll need to start with a starter.....
An Amish Friendship Bread Starter.
For information and directions go to:
Amish Friendship Bread.
Many, many recipes can be found at
Amish Friendship Bread Kitchen...
recipes using an Amish sourdough starter to make;
bread, scones, cookies, pancakes & more.
along with a loaf of Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Bread.
You won't have any trouble giving away bags of starter.
Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup starter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 small box pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º Grease two 8 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Dust pans with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients in order listed, mix together well.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon on top.
- Bake for one hour or until bread loosens evenly from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes, remove bread from pans and cool on wire rack.
Amish Friendship Starter, Amish Friendship Bread, Bread