On the Menu Today~
Happy Valentine's Day~
Want to make something special for your sweetie today?
Why not a heart shaped cream puff.
This recipe will make two large heart shaped cream puffs.
One for your sweetie and one for you.
Fill each cream puff with whipped cream,
sliced strawberries, chopped m & m's, sprinkles and
drizzle a white chocolate glaze over all...
A Real Cream Puff Explosion.....
Heart Shaped Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add water; bring to boiling. Add flour and salt all at once; stir vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form into a heart shape.
- Bake in a 400º oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oven; split in half, removing any soft dough inside.
- Cool on wire rack until ready to fill.
- 1 cup chilled whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill glass bowl and metal beaters for several hours.
- Whip whipping cream in chilled bowl with vanilla extract, adding sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until soft peaks form.
- 4 to 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Rinse, pat dry and hull strawberries.
- Slice strawberries in half, place in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle strawberries with sugar, let macerate for at least an hour.
White Chocolate Chip Glaze
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Melt chips in microwave on low until chips are almost melted.
- Add cream, stir until desired consistency.
- Red, white and pink chocolate m & m's, coarsely chopped
- Heart shaped sprinkles
Place bottom half of cream puff on a serving plate.
Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
Place second half of cream puff on top of cream.
Decorate with chopped m & m candies and sprinkles.
Drizzle with melted white chocolate chip glaze.
Cream Strawberry, Dessert, Egg, Chocolate,