On the Menu Today~
Mini Lemon Flower Tarts~
I saw these cute tarts on pinterest about a month ago and
they are so darn cute,
I just had to make them.
With only three ingredients,
you can’t go wrong..
If lemon curd isn’t for you,
fill the cups with pudding, pie filling,
or a cream cheese filling
You can find the original recipe here: Inspiredreamer
refrigerated pie crusts, thawed
lemon pie filling or 1 jar lemon curd
1 to 2 tablespoons
powdered sugar, for dusting tops
- On floured work space unroll pie crusts. With a floured rolling pin, roll out each pie crust dough. Cut out as many flowers as possible. Re-roll scrapes and cut more flowers, if needed. Cut out 24 flower shapes.
- Center each flower over a mini muffin depression. Fold alternate petals inward, gently push the dough down into the bottom. Gently push the outer petals against the muffin pan sides. Then push the inner 3 petals against the sides and outer 3 petals. Prick each bottom of shells with fork twice.
- Bake at 425º for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove shells to wire rack to cool.
- Fill each shell with lemon curd or pie filling.
- When shells are completely cool, dust “petals” with powdered sugar.
- Top with whipped cream, garnish with candied lemon peel or other garnishes, if desired.
A Few Tips:
*Keep a close eye on flowers while baking
*Keeping oven door slightly ajar, if necessary
*Check after 5 minutes
*Some flowers will brown faster than others,
remove those to wire rack to cool, while the rest are baking,
bake remaining flowers 2 to 3 minutes longer*