halloween
halloween
This cake is made with Duncan Hines Cake Mix
Here is another delicious recipe for a minty bar that you’ll want to try asap. Midnight Mint Bars

Comments

1. Michelle says

I am so loving reading about your gorilla days! You must have a ton of stories revolving around that.
    This poke cake looks super fun. I love Halloween! Thank you for linking this great idea!

• LNLVNDR says

Hi Michelle! Oh yes!! I could tell you a few stories:) I had someone chase me down the street once…Apparently they were not very happy turning 40!!! There is an advantage to wearing a costume…..no one knows who your are:) Thanks for stopping Michelle~

2. LNLVNDR says

Hi Joy! Sounds like this cake will be perfect to bring to your party~ I'm sure they will like it:) Thanks for stopping Joy~ It's always great to see you here at Turnips 2 Tangerines:)

3. Joy says

Lynn, this is just as Halloween-y as it can possibly be! I love it! And I actually do have a Halloween party coming up on the 25th, and they asked me to bring a cake- what could be better than this fun cake? Thanks!!

Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

• LNLVNDR says

Hi Tiffany~ This cake is really very easy to make…..I took a large serving spoon and slowly poured the jell-o on the cake, letting it soak in a little before I added more….plus I did poke more holes in the cake, as I went along:) I was seriously skeptical about this cake turning out, but I can tell you, it did and it was really good:) Thanks for stopping~ Lynn

• LNLVNDR says

Hi Phyllis! Thanks for stopping by and I must say, I can understand why I see so many recipes for Poke Cakes!! They are darn delicious!! I think I might be hooked~ Lynn

4. Daphne Bryson says

Good Evening Lynn, Well I never, I have never heard of a Poke Cake. When I read the title, I wondered what a Poke cake was, but reading the instructions I can now see why it is called a Poke cake. I have poked holes in a cake to pour syrup in the holes, but never gelatin. When you talk about flavoured gelatin, can I ask, do you mean a flavoured jelly as I don't think I have seen flavoured gelatin here in England. I really think this would be a fun recipe to bake for our nephew.
    Isn't it fabulous when we discover new cakes to make.
    Enjoy your day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

• LNLVNDR says

Hi Daphne~ Orange flavored gelatin, or Jell-o, which is the most popular Brand name in the US. I have never heard of using jelly or jam, in a poke cake, but I don't see why you couldn't. I have used jam in layer cakes before, in between the layers..I have seen recipes for poke cakes that use caramel, pudding and even chocolate syrup. I love trying dessert recipes from different countries and many times the cakes or desserts I try are the same ones my Mom and Grandma made when I was growing up! Thanks for stopping and Have a wonderful week~ Lynn

• LNLVNDR says

Hi Cindy!! I also LOVE Halloween:) When my kids were young I went all out…spooky music, carved pumpkins, chili, caramel apples and lots of candy:) l even dressed up each year when I handed out candy…did I ever tell you that I use to delivery balloons wearing a gorilla costume!!! I will post the recipe tonight Cindy:)

• LNLVNDR says

Oh Yes!! I was the "Gorilla" in the "Gorilla Costume" that delivered "Gorilla Grams" I worked at Balloony Tunes, where I dressed up in a Gorilla, Chicken, Pig, Elephant and even a California Raisin Costume and delivered Balloon Bouquets!! I will look for some pictures……I have had some very strange jobs in my lifetime:) HaHa

• LNLVNDR says

Hi Denise~ Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments:) This was this first time I made this type of cake and I have to say it was really delicious~ Stop back again sometime~ Lynn