We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Halloween Poke Cake
they always look delicious, but I have never made one. Why? I have no idea! Make halloween poke cake this year for all of your little ghosts and goblins.
Taste of Home
I found this recipe in one of my many Taste of Home Cookbooks. The recipe can be found in
Taste of Home 2006 Quick Cooking Annual Recipe Cookbook or you can also find the recipe at Taste of Home. This moist cake is delicious. The orange gelatin adds a wonderful orange flavor and the buttery chocolate frosting is great. Make this wonderful Halloween Poke Cake for your upcoming Halloween party. Kids and adults alike will love this yummy cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 oz) box
fudge marble cake mix
- eggs, water and oil
per box directions
- 2 (3 oz) packages
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup
- 3 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon
- pumpkin candies or
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 inches apart.
- Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- For Frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake; top with candies.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.