Pickled Shrimp with Fresh Basil
Perk up pickled/marinated shrimp with the fresh citrus and basil.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup minced basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
In large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add shrimp, lime, onion, sliced basil and capers; toss to coat.
Refrigerate, covered, up to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Just before serving, stir minced basil, salt and pepper into shrimp mixture. Serve with a slotted spoon.