Cherry Walnut Cream Cheese Log
A delicious appetizer, perfect for the holidays.
Servings 16 Servings
- 3 packages 8 oz each cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted*
- cinnamon honey pretzel grahams
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice, ginger and orange zest until smooth. Fold in cherries. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
Place walnuts in a shallow bowl. Shape cheese mixture into two 7-inch long logs; roll in walnuts and coat evenly. Wrap logs in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers, pretzels or waffles.
*Heat walnuts in a small skillet over medium low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.