Tomato and Basil Topping for Bruschetta
Tomato and basil topping is great served on toasted crostini too.
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Cover and let sit on the counter for 2 hours for flavors to develop.
Can be covered and refrigerated for up to two days.