Special Shrimp Bake
A special shrimp bake to serve family and dinner guests.
- 3 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Season water with 1 teaspoon salt. Bring water to a boil. Add shrimp, boil for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse shrimp under running cold water. Set aside.
In a small skillet heat oil over medium heat until hot. Sauté green pepper, onion and celery in hot oil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, butter and shrimp. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream of shrimp soup, half and half, rice and seasonings. Fold in shrimp mixture.
Lightly spray 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon shrimp mixture into prepared dish. Cover, bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Remove cover, sprinkle top with almonds and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese has melted and casserole is bubbly.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 376mg | Sodium: 1742mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 271mg | Iron: 3.4mg