Clam and Wild Rice Soup
A delicious soup that can be made with leftover wild rice.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 6.5 oz can chopped clams
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- additional clams for garnish, optional
In a large dutch oven or soup pot, saute the mushrooms, celery, carrots, onion, green pepper, and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in the broth.
Stir in the wild rice, clams, cream of mushroom soup, chicken bouillon granules, parsley flakes, garlic powder and thyme.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in evaporated milk; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer. Garnish with additional chopped clams, if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1351mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 1.4mg