Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Balls are a traditional Christmas candy in my family.
Servings 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces milk chocolate, use a good quality dipping chocolate Ambrosia
In a large bowl cream butter. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Shape dough into balls. Place on wax paper lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Place chocolate in a large glass bowl, melt in the microwave on high power for 45 seconds, stir. Repeat until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Coat chilled balls in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper to harden.
When chocolate has harden, store balls in tightly covered container.