My sister Mary has been making this “salad” for at least 25 years. We always called it “green fluff” or at least I did! I recently thought about “green fluff” or Watergate Salad and realized I haven’t eaten or made this salad in many years. So, I decided to throw caution to the wind and make it again. I was also very curious to see if “green fluff” was still as good as I had remembered. It definitely was.
The directions for this salad are so easy that I’m sure a five year old could make it. One package of pistachio flavored (dry) pudding and pie mix is combined with a tub of cool-whip. Add some mini marshmallows, a large can of drained crushed pineapple and you’re all set. I like to add some chopped pecans, preferably toasted, because I like the crunch and nuttiness they add.
Recent Recipe: Garlic Recipe Rewind
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 3.4 oz packages pistachio flavored instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.