With the grilling season sneaking up on us, it’s time to switch gears from heavier, warm you up, comfort-mood foods to lighter, easy to prepare, picnic-table foods. If your looking for something different to serve at your next back yard cook out, consider serving Tuscan Beans. Made with tender white beans, extra virgin olive oil, sliced onions, minced garlic, seasonings, fresh parsley, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red pepper strips. A delicious combination of ingredients that you just can’t resist. Serve Tuscan Beans as a delicious and different side dish, at your next grill out.
Allow Tuscan Beans to Mellow
This recipe is perfect for the coming summer months. Easy to prepare, can be made ahead of time, delicious and best of all, everyone will love them. Tuscan Beans are best if they are allowed to hang out together for awhile before they make an appearance on your picnic table. This lets the beans soak up some of the extra virgin olive oil and join hands with the rest of the ingredients. This recipe come to you from CookEatShare.
Perfect for Parties
Tuscan Beans can hold their own next to grilled meats, potato salad, fruit salads, and any other backyard barbecue favorite. Try these delicious beans at your next family get together. You’ll be surprised at how fast these beans will disappear. Be prepared to hand out the recipe because you’ll be asked for it. We love our baked beans here on Turnips 2 Tangerines, but Tuscan Beans have definitely become a fast favorite.
I have been spicing up my food with Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Alternative seasoning for many years. Probably since I first started cooking way back when. My all thyme favorite, and the seasoning blend we use the most is Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend. It’s super delicious without adding a ton of salt. Not being a fan of salt, Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning blends are perfect for me. We have used many Mrs. Dash products and love them all.
- 1 1/2 cups dried white beans
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash original seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley or sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips. diced
- Wash beans, cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat off and allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Drain beans, cover with fresh water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; saute the onions and garlic until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and combine with the beans.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, Mrs. Dash and parsley or green onions.
- Stir in diced sun-dried tomatoes and diced roasted red pepper strips. Serve.
Recipes On Tap
We seasoned our Tuscan Beans with Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning Blend.