Savory Cheese and Leek Scones
Savory Cheese and Leek Scones
I love scones. The minute I saw this recipe, I knew this recipe was for me. This recipe has everything that is good in a scone. Heavy cream, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, and lots of pepper. But the star of the show and one of our favorite products; Knorr®. I have made Knorr® Spinach Dip more times than I can count. It’s truly a classic. No party is the same without it.
Knorr Cream of Leek Soup
Savory cheese and leek scones are made with cream of leek soup by Knorr. I have used Knorr products in everything from dips to meatloaf to vegetables but never scones. Boy, have I been missing out! This recipe is wonderful! The scones turned out delicious. Perfect with a bowl soup, stew, chili or anything else your little heart desires. This recipe makes two dozen delectable scones. They freeze well also so you might want to make an extra batch.
History of Knorr
High quality is the Knorr food philosophy, one that’s been years in the making. Knorr’s story starts back in 1838, when Carl Heinrich Knorr opened a factory in Heilbronn Germany, supply chicory to the coffee industry. Carl began to experiment with drying vegetables and seasonings to preserve nutrition and flavor. In 1873, the first Knorr® dried soups were launched in Continental Europe. In 1908, Knorr® European sauce mixes were introduced.
In 1912, the first Knorr® bouillon cube was introduced. Families could enjoy delicious dishes at home without the need to make stock from scratch. Knorr® is available around the world and in every country. In 1957, flagship Knorr® brands like bouillon and soup were sold in 8 countries. By 2000, Knorr® products were sold in nearly 90 countries around the globe. For more delicious recipes made with Knorr® go here: RECIPES.
Savory Cheese Leek Scones
- 1 package Knorr Cream of Leek Soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Combine Knorr cream of leek dry soup mix with water in a small saucepan with wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat; then stir in cream; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 º Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and bacon if using. Stir in soup mixture. Stir until mixture just holds together, stirring in 1 teaspoon of cold water if needed. Gently knead 8 to 12 times. Shape or pat into two 8-inch circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown
3 Comments on “Savory Cheese and Leek Scones”
Really?? I had no idea!! I will definitely check out your recipe for potato leek soup! I also love Knorr products and Christmas won't be the same in my house without serving Knorr Spinach Dip! xxx
Oh Lynn, thank you for sharing that you made these; we loved them. It was this Knorr Recipe I entered that won me the lovely basket and GC's from Knorr last year. I do love Knorr products. You will have to try my version of making potato leek soup some time, if you like as it is sooo easy. Again thanks for sharing. xx
I love scones! These sound wonderful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures