Pineapple Jam and Oatmeal Waffles
Pineapple Jam and
Pineapple Jam is delicious on bagels, muffins, pancakes, sandwiches, ham and of course, these wonderful oatmeal waffles. Pineapple jam is perfect on Oatmeal Waffles. This jam is perfect on a toasted bagel too. Spread toasted bagel with a thin layer of cream cheese and top with some pineapple jam. Simply Delicious! If you have never made pineapple jam before you are in for a real treat.
Made with Oatmeal
These delicious waffles are made with oatmeal. Old-fashioned oatmeal is ground in a blender. Then an egg, plain yogurt, baking powder, honey, salt and water is combined until mixture is smooth. Pour the batter onto a hot lightly oiled waffle iron and within minutes you’ll be enjoying delicious hot waffles topped with pineapple jam and/or maple syrup.
- 1 (20 oz) can
- 3 cups
- 1 (1.75 oz) box
sure jell pectin powder
- Wash your jam jars and rinse well, keep jars hot (dishwasher works great).
- Place jar bands and lids in boiling water, turn heat to low. Let then sit in the hot water until needed. Measure 3 cups sugar and set aside.
- Add enough pineapple juice to the crushed pineapple to equal 3 1/4 cups.
- Place fruit, juice and pectin in a 6 quart, heavy bottomed saucepan and bring mixture to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the sugar all at once, bring back to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat, skim off and discard any foam that is on the surface of the hot jam. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Process the jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on the counter for 24 hours.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup
Greek pineapple yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablesoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- Grind oats in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well in blender.
- Adding as much water as needed to get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter on a hot waffle iron, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook according to manufactures directions or until golden brown.
- Serve with Pineapple jam, syrup and/or honey.
For the jam we used Dole Crushed Pineapple
Recipes On Tap
Cranberry Salad , Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham and Lemon Pineapple Cheesecake Pie. Effervè Sparkling Lemonade and Tom Collins
31 Comments on “Pineapple Jam and Oatmeal Waffles”
Pineapple Jam is so cool. And those waffles look like a great way to start the day!
I have only made pineapple jam once and I used it in cookies. Having it with waffles sounds absolutely perfect. Great pick this month!
Pineapple jam!? I must have that.
Oh, that pineapple jam sounds fantastic! And how lovely with oatmeal pancakes or waffles. Great choice for this month's SRC!
I love pineapple and cardamom! this sounds great~
Pineapple jam? How interesting! I will definitely be trying this recipe. Sounds delicious.
Pineapple Jam? I have GOT to try that!
I've done oatmeal in pancakes before, waffles are up next. 🙂
That's awesome how easy that jam comes together! It's great that your grandkids liked the waffles! 🙂
This jam is nice and easy to make~
See you again next month!
Hi Lynn, interesting secret recipe club, keep up the good job.
Love your pineapple jam and waffle, it look really good and nice combo. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe.
Have a wonderful day ahead, regards.
Hope your having a great week~
I also made the pineapple jam when I was assigned to Shirley's blog! What a great idea to use it as a topping for pancakes/waffles! Awesome choice this month 🙂
You know how delicious this jam is:)
Have a great week~
Great pick for your assignment this month!
HOpe you are having a great Reveal Day!
So cute! So happy to hear your grandson liked them. Such a relief when you have a picky eater! Thank you for you kind words.!
Hi Shirley, Thanks and
Thank you for the great recipes~
Waffles are always a good way to start the day! I am sure everyone wants to come to grandma's house for these treats. Happy Reveal Day!
Pineapple, oats and waffles, are some of my favourite ingredients, so this is a dream breakfast for me! Great SRC pick, Karen
You'll need to give this hearty breakfast a try~
That pineapple jam sounds incredible. Happy reveal day!
It was great!
Oh I love the sound of this recipe – like porridge as a waffle, what could be better! Fantastic choice this month!
Thank you! See you next month~
Love the sound of that pineapple jam – I could eat that on just about anything. In fact I could just eat that by the spoonful straight out of the jar.
I did!! It's delicious that way too~
Oatmeal pancakes are one of my favorites. But that pineapple jam…oh my goodness, that stuff sounds delicious! Must try it soon! Happy reveal day!
As a grandma, I can totally relate! Great pick!