Hearty Manicotti, Family Favorite
Hearty Manicotti Family Favorite
We love Italian food. Personally, I could eat Italian food everyday, well maybe not everyday but for sure every other day. This is a favorite family recipe that I’ve made many, many times. This meatless recipe is always a welcome sight and is a mealtime favorite. Served with a garden salad and garlic bread…Perfecto! Hearty Manicotti, Family Favorite is called such because my family loves this recipe.
Meatless Main Dish
Hearty Manicotti is made without meat which means it’s a delicious meatless meal option perfect for any weekday dinner. This recipe can be made with meat if you prefer. Simply brown 1/2 to 1 pound ground beef, turkey or bulk Italian sausage, drain and allow to cool. Combine browned meat to ricotta mixture and continue with the rest of the recipe. This recipe is very versatile. Make it with the ingredients that your family likes.
- 14 to 18 manicotti shells
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 32 oz container ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 egg. slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmensan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 24-32 oz jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 8 ounces shredded Italian-blend style cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, 1/3 cup shredded cheese blend, Parmesan cheese, pepper, nutmeg and Italian seasoning. Mix thoroughly. Fill manicotti shells with ricotta mixture. Place filled shells in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over filled shells. Sprinkle with remaining pizza cheese blend. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bake 30 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
A Few More Italian Dishes
Italian Sausage and Peppers with Polenta and Cheesy Spaghetti Pie are two recipes you and your family are going to love. A few more recipes you will want to try are; Pepperoni Pizza Bread and Italian Style Calzones.