Fall Colored Krispie Leaves
Fall Colored Krispie Leaves
Fall Colored Krispie Leaves is a Pinterest recipe. Who could resist these cute and festive fall colored rice krispie “leaves”? I recently saw these fall colored leaves on Pinterest. The minute I saw them, I knew I had to make them. This recipe is from a wonderful food/craft blog called Two Sisters Crafting Many of their ideas are on Pinterest and with good reason. They come up with some of the craftiest ideas. Two Sisters Crafting, have a ton of fun recipes, popcorn ideas and craft projects. Go on…check them out…you know you want too:)
Since there are so many wonderful recipes on Pinterest, we’ll feature a new and different recipe from time to time, that we have found on Pinterest. A recipe that we fell in love with and just had to make. (like these marshmallow krispie leaves) In the first paragraph, after the name of the recipe we’ll write a “Pinterest Recipe.” This way (you) our readers will know that the recipe was found on Pinterest.
Who knows maybe you’ve even seen a recipe on Pinterest and have always wanted to make it yourself or maybe you have already made the recipe.
In that case, you can leave us a comment telling us all about it. Of course we will give full recipe credit with a link (and permission if necessary) to the blog/blogs or “owner” of the recipe that was given/found on pinterest. (I hope that makes sense..)
Fall Colored Rice Krispie Treat Leaves
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 12 cups rice krispie cereal, divided
- few drops red gel food coloring
- few drops orange gel food coloring
- few drops purple gel food coloring
- few drops brown gel food coloring
- fall colored sprinkles
- Lightly butter a large baking sheet. (12 x 17) Set aside.
- For each color use: 3 tablespoons butter, 3 cups mini marshmallows, and 3 cups rice krispie cereal.
- For each color: Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Add 3 cups mini marshmallows, stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat, add a few drops of gel food coloring, until you reach desired color, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups rice krispie cereal, stirring until cereal is completely coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press mixture firmly into pan, in a row, with a buttered spatula, using only a quarter of the pan. (All four colors of krispie treats will fill the pan.)
- Repeat until all colors are used and pan has 4 rows of colored rice krispie mixture.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. Using a leaf shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many leaves as possible.
- (I got 3 leaves of each color, 12 leaves total.)
- You can easily combine the remaining rice krispie scraps and cut out several multi-colored leaves.
More Marshmallow Treats; Baseball Themed Krispies Treats, Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats and Crispy Marshmallow Pumpkin Treats.
2 Comments on “Fall Colored Krispie Leaves”
Love this. A great idea. My grandson would love to make these!
Come over and link up at The Fabulous Fall/Thanksgiving party!
I'll see you there~