Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are great served anytime. They’re perfect to serve as an appetizer or served as a meal with a side salad and a hearty loaf of bread. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce. We like Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce. The secret to making these bites so tasty is the bacon, (in my humble culinary opinion.) Extra thick, applewood smoked, bacon works perfectly. We like to use Nueske’s Bacon.
For this recipe we choose Mrs. Dash salt-free, garlic and herb seasoning blend. The traditional flavors of Mrs.Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend will make bland cooking delicious again. With over 20 spices mixed together, this blend is easy to love. Who could resist the flavor in this mixture. Garlic, onion, pepper, parsley, fennel, basil and thyme to name a few.
Handle With Care
Chicken is an excellent source of protein and a good to fair source of niacin and iron. White meat and chicken without the skin have fewer calories. It’s important to handle raw chicken with care. The first rule is never to eat chicken in it’s raw state. After cutting or working with raw chicken, thoroughly wash utensils, cutting tools, cutting board and your hands.
Chicken Bites Wrapped in Bacon
- 30 slices thick bacon
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 3 to 4 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut each chicken breast in half. Cut each half into 4 or 5 bite size pieces. Sprinkle both sides of chicken bites with garlic and herb seasoning blend.
- Place bacon strips on flat surface. Place one chicken bite on each bacon strip. Roll up chicken bite in bacon. Place seam side down on foil lined baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken bites and bacon are used.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 1 hour. Remove foil, bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels. Serve with warmed barbecue sauce.
If you are a fan of chicken, here are just a few of our favorite chicken recipes; Home Style Chicken or Turkey Pot Pies, Fried Chicken and Waffles and Waldorf Chicken Salad.
Vegetables offer a host of nutrients including vitamins A and C to name a few.
Be sure to get at least 3 to 5 servings of veggies daily~
5 Comments on “Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites”
Yum! This looks really simple and tasty.
Fast, easy and delicious!
Thank you for linking this week, Lynn. These chicken bites look like perfect party food and the sauce sounds delicious. My son chose these to feature when See Ya in the Gumbo goes live tonight.
G'day! Great entertaining and party appetizer! YUM
Thanks for sharing as part of Foodie Friends Friday Snack Party!
My son has a huge love for bacon, so I'm sure he'd absolutely LOVE these!