Apple Pie with Oatmeal Granola Crumble
Apple Pie with Oatmeal Granola Crumb
Apple Pie with Oatmeal Granola Crumble is excellent!! Made with Nature’s Path Premium Organic Granola , more specifically: Love Crunch Apple Chia Granola. This crumble topping would be good on any fruit pie really. Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines we love granola and we definitely love all Natures’s Path products.
Apple Chia Crumble Granola
Apple Chia Crumble Granola ingredients are: rolled oats, sugar, pecans, freeze-dried green apples, chia seeds, sea salt, molasses, cinnamon and natural flavors. The perfect combination of flavors to take plain apple pie to the next flavor level. This delicious apple pie with oatmeal granola crumble topping is a big slice of fall. The perfect apple season dessert.
If you have never tried Love Crunch, you need to pick up a bag or two. The next time you see Love Crunch or Nature’s Path products at your local grocery store, pick some up. We are partial to Love Crunch granola. In fact, we have never tasted a Love Crunch granola we didn’t love. A few of our favorite varieties are: Dark Chocolate Macaroon, Aloha Blend and Dark Chocolate & Red Berries.
This is not a sponsored post. Turnips 2 Tangerines is dedicated to passing along quality “food finds” to our readers. This recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a slice of Apple Pie on a crisp fall day. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream. If for some reason you can’t find Love Crunch Apple Chia Crumble Granola in your area, substitute your favorite brand of granola.
Apple Pie with Oatmeal Granola Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal, not instant
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup apple chia crumble, Love Crunch
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust,
- 1 quart apple pie filling, home-made or canned
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Un-roll packaged refrigerated pie crust, carefully ease pie crust into 9" pie plate.
- Pour apple pie filling into crust, crimp edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except butter and granola.
- Cut butter into oatmeal mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Toss in granola. Sprinkle crumbs over apple pie filling in prepared pie crust.
- Cover edges of crust with strips of foil to avoid excessive browning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove pie from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Recipes On Tap