Ambrosia Fruit Salad
Ambrosia Fruit Salad
Ambrosia Fruit Salad can be made with Diplicious Simply Cheesecake Dip Mix or Diplicious Pina Coolatta Dip Mix. Ambrosia Fruit Salad is the perfect fruit salad to serve for Easter. One thing we love here at Turnips 2 Tangerines is a good, old fashioned fruit salad. This fruit salad is one of our favorites. For a festive touch try adding multi-colored mini marshmallows to this fruit salad in place of the white mini marshmallows.
Ambrosia is considered a classic southern recipe usually served at Christmas time, but us northerners like a good ‘ol Ambrosia Fruit Salad from time to time too. Originally made with only coconut, orange slices and sugar, Ambrosia is now made with just about anything from bananas to maraschino cherries. No matter how Ambrosia is made it’s delicious, truly a Greek Food of the Gods.
What is Diplicious?
Are your dips passed over at parties? Does your salsa need life support? Do your drinks lack inspiration? Not anymore!! Prepare to delight your tastebuds with our yummy, easy-to-make artisan food mixes! We specialize in savory dip mixes, sweet dessert mixes, drink mixes, bread dippers, seasoning blends and more.
Blend of Quality Ingredients
At Diplicious, they hand blend high quality ingredients in small batches to ensure you receive the freshest and best tasting product. We package our mixes in food-grade resealable bags, and our labels list ingredients and directions. That’s it! Nothing too fancy. We keep our packaging simple for two reasons: it saves our customers money and it’s good for the environment.
Wide Variety of Recipes
Mixes can also be used in a wide variety of recipes such as crockpot meals, meat marinades, pasta sauces, cake balls, dessert bars and more. Check out our recipe section, upgrade your cooking arsenal with one of our mixes, and become a superstar in the kitchen. If you’d like to purchase Diplicious mixes or if you’d like to find out more go to: Diplicious. *Reminder: Add my name to the comments section when you check out, so that I will get credit for the sale.*
Ambrosia Fruit Salad #1
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 15.25 oz can tropical fruit, drained
- 1 14.75 oz can peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 15 oz can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 8 oz container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package Diplicious Pina Coolatta Dip or Diplicious Simple Cheesecake Dip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar pecans chopped, optional
- In a large non-metal colander, set over a large mixing bowl, drain fruit overnight in the refrigerator, cover fruit with plastic wrap. Fruit can drain up to two days.
- When ready to make fruit salad, gently toss together pineapple, tropical fruit, peaches, oranges, and fruit cocktail in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place 8 oz cream cheese and microwave for one minute, stir until creamy.
- Add the dip mix, and stir again. Fold in 8 oz non-dairy whipped topping. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Gently fold cream cheese/whipped topping/dip mix into fruit. Gently fold in mini marshmallows and coconut.
- Top with chopped cinnamon-sugar pecans, if using.
- Chill for 2 hours and then serve.
Recipes On Tap:
Frog Eye Salad, Overnight Fruit Salad and Simple Fruit Salad in Fresh Pineapple .