Caprese Salad [kah-PRAY-say] is a simple salad of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. It’s seasoned with salt, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil. It takes it’s name from southern Italy’s island of Capri in the Gulf of Naples. Caprese Pizza is made with this simple salad in mind. Italian food is made with the freshest ingredients therefore made in the simplest way possible. This results for the best tasting dishes.
This recipe is very versatile and amounts given can be changed. Use more or less pizza sauce and/or any ingredient to suit your family tastes.
- 1 package Stonefire® Original Naan (contains 2 per pkg.)
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more to drizzle
- 8 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 package/ball fresh mozzarella – torn into bite size pieces
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 °F
Spread olive oil evenly over the 2 naan – bubble side up. Spread pizza sauce evenly over naan. Place on a baking sheet, heat for 1-2 minutes or until the bread is warm.
Remove from oven and top each naan with the torn mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, arugula, spinach, salt and pepper. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the top.
Place baking sheet back in the oven and heat 2-4 minutes or until mozzarella has just started to get soft. Serve.