We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Winter Fruit Salad #SundaySupper
Welcome everyone to Sunday Supper. Today we are going to share our favorite salad recipes. When people think of salad, they think of summer, picnics and backyard barbecues but I enjoy a good salad anytime of the year. Especially a fruit salad. It has been some time since I spent a Sunday with #Sunday Supper. I moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress in September. I have learned a lot since then but with well over a 1000 posts, I have an enormous amount of “work” to do.
Anyway, back to fruit salad. Every once in awhile I come across some large, juicy navel oranges but nothing ever compares to the oranges we bought while she was in band class. What I won’t give to have a box or two of “band class” oranges. When my daughter was in the high school band, many moons ago, each year they would sell citrus fruit. Ever since then, I seem to crave citrus fruit during the winter months. There is something comforting about eating an orange while it’s snowing outside.
A delicious fruit salad that uses fruit that is generally available during the winter months
- 1 15 ounce mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 2 bananas. peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup poppy seed dressing
In a large bowl, toss together all of the fruit. Squeeze lime juice over fruit. Pour the dressing over the top and gently toss to coat. For best results, serve immediately.
Holiday Salad Recipes #SundaySupper
Festive Holiday Salad Recipes
- Best Ambrosia Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Green Bean Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Layered Christmas Gelatin Salad by Positively Stacey
- Orange Fennel Salad by Pies and Plots
- Pear, Fennel and Kale Salad with Pear Vinaigrette by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bountiful Holiday Salad Recipes
- Roasted Artichoke Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing by Bites of Wellness
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Drunken Cranberries by Our Good Life
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Dressing by Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad
- Winter Beet Salad with Goat’s Cheese Dressing by Caroline’s Cooking
- Winter Fruit Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Winter Slaw with Pecans and Maple Dressing by Sprinkles and Sprouts
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.