Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are delightful. If you can answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions,
- Do ‘you’ like mushrooms?
- Do ‘you’ like cream cheese?
- Do ‘you’ like bacon?
- Do ‘you’ like green onions?
then Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are for you!
Easy to make with only a few ingredients and perfect to nibble on during the game. Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect party food because you can pop one of these bad boys into your mouth, wash it down with a few gulps of beer and repeat. You can make as many or as few of these mushrooms as is needed for your party. Put a big plate of Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms out at your next Sunday football game party or during the up coming holiday season. You’ll be surprised at how fast they will disappear. You might want to set out two big plates of these yummy mushrooms.
Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound
- 6 strips
- 6 small
green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper,
- 4 ounces
cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup
Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup
- Clean mushrooms, remove and chop stems; set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- In the bacon drippings, saute chopped onions and mushroom stems until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 325
- In a bowl, combine bacon mixture with the softened cream cheese.
- Using a cookie scoop, press mixture into mushroom caps, mounding the mixture on the top.
- Place filled mushroom caps into a medium baking dish, sprinkle the tops with the Italian bread crumbs. Add the 1/4 cup hot water to the baking dish and bake, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
Enjoy the Game!