We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Smoky Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
Smoky Sun-Dried Tomato Scones are made with Smoked Icelandic Sea Salt, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Snipped Chives. A tasty mix of flavors that makes these scones irresistible. Nordur Smoked Icelandic Sea Salt gives smokey sun-dried tomato scones that extra smokiness.
If you’re a fan of scones like we are, you will love these scones. Made with sun-dried tomatoes, smoked sea salt and smoky Gouda cheese. Doesn’t get much better than that! We like to serve smoky sun-dried tomato scones with soup or stew but they are super served alongside any meal. Make a scone sandwich by cutting your scone in half and filling it with your favorite sliced meat or cheese. My hubby loves smoky sun-dried tomato scones with his weekend eggs:)
Have lived in America’s Dairyland all of my long life, it would be fair to say the I know a thing or two about good cheese. Not a day goes by that I don’t eat some form of cheese. It’s nothing for me to walk into the kitchen, open up the refrigerator, take out a block of cheese, slice off a chunk and eat it. I can drive south down on Hwy. 32 a few miles and stop at G G’s Cheese Mart. If you want to try an award-winning Gouda cheese, than you have to got to try Marieke Gouda. A Farmstead Gouda Cheese that is handcrafted with passion. Marieke Gouda is Holland’s Family Cheese located in Thorp, Wisconsin. It’s simply the best Gouda, ever.
- 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup
cold cubed butter
- 3/4 cup plain
- 1/2 cup
sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 cup
shredded smokey Gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Combine together chopped fresh chives and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add cold cubed butter. Cut in with a pastry blender until size of small peas.
- Fold in tomatoes, chives and cheese until they are distributed evenly.
- Add yogurt, mix only until dough comes together but is not overly moist.
- Do Not Over Mix Dough
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead by hand 5 times. Pat out dough to 5/8″ thick. Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out dough.
- Place dough on a lightly greased baking sheet or baking mat.
- Combine scraps and cut out more until all the dough has been used.
- Place in the oven, reduce heat to 400º and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes then serve.
Here is another recipe featuring sun-dried tomatoes. Chicken Thighs in a Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce