Smoky Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
Smoky Sun-Dried Tomato Scones are made with Smoked Icelandic Sea Salt, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Snipped Chives. A tasty mix of flavors that makes these scones irresistible. Nordur Smoked Icelandic Sea Salt gives smokey sun-dried tomato scones that extra smokiness.
- 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup
cold cubed butter
- 3/4 cup plain
- 1/2 cup
sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 cup
shredded smokey Gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Combine together chopped fresh chives and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add cold cubed butter. Cut in with a pastry blender until size of small peas.
- Fold in tomatoes, chives and cheese until they are distributed evenly.
- Add yogurt, mix only until dough comes together but is not overly moist.
- Do Not Over Mix Dough
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead by hand 5 times. Pat out dough to 5/8″ thick. Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out dough.
- Place dough on a lightly greased baking sheet or baking mat.
- Combine scraps and cut out more until all the dough has been used.
- Place in the oven, reduce heat to 400º and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes then serve.