On the Menu Today~
Goat Cheese, Spinach and Black Forest Schinken Panini
Panino; pl Panini [pah-NEE-noh; pah-NEE-nee]
Italian for “small bread” referring to a sandwich or roll.
Schwarzwald (“Black Forest”) Ham is super delicious.
Black Forest Schinken is the authentic German answer to Italian prosciutto,
made in the picturesque Black Forest, following traditional family recipes.
Produced with carefully selected pork meat, hand salted and
seasoned with various, authentic spices.
It is cured for several weeks and
smoked with Black Forest fir tree wood.
Most Schinken is allowed to cure for 12 weeks but
many German companies allow the Schinken to cure much longer,
resulting in a superior Schinken of the highest quality.
Black Forest Schinken is deliciously smokey with an enticing aroma.
Black Forest Schinken is always sliced paper thin and
can replace Italian prosciutto in any recipe.
Traditionally served on German Rye,
with a thin smear of German Mustard.
ciabatta roll, cut in half
honey goat cheese
baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices Black Forest Schinken (Ham)
- Spread both sides of the ciabatta roll with the honey goat cheese.
- On one panini half, place spinach on top of the cheese.
- Top spinach with Black Forest Schinken
- Place the other panini half on top of the black forest schinken
- Using a panini press, lightly brown roll on both sides.
- Cut in half and serve warm