On the Menu Today~
Grilled Lemon Pound Cake with
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400!
You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and
bloggers on social media:
If you have never grilled pound cake…
you are in for a delicious surprise!
Any ‘flavor’ of pound cake can and
should be grilled….lemon, vanilla and
butter flavored pound cake are our favorites.
We like to served grilled pound cake
topped with grilled fresh pineapple and
whipped cream. Talk about delicious!
Another great choice for grilling is Angel Food Cake.
Topped with roasted, balsamic strawberries or
fresh strawberries macerated with vanilla sugar…..
Who needs chocolate!
A chilled dish of fresh or dried fruit that has been slowly cooked,
in a sugar syrup, which may contain liquor or liqueur and sometimes spices.
Slow cooking is important for the fruit to retain its shape.
Cranberry Rhubarb Compote is delicious.
Cranberry and Rhubarb are meant for each other.
They compliment each other beautifully.
If you like Strawberry and Rhubarb together,
you will love the combination of Cranberry and Rhubarb.
When cranberries are in season, usually in late October through December,
I pick up a few extra bags, throw them in my freezer and
wait until spring when the rhubarb is in season and
make up a batch of this yummy compote.
This recipe for compote is freezer friendly too.
The secret to grilling pound cake….
lightly oil the grill grate with a wire grill brush,
lightly brush both sides of cake with melted butter and
watch cake very closely…grilling time is only few minutes per side.
Grilled Lemon Pound Cake
1 (16.5 oz) box
Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, for grilling
- Heat oven to 350º
- Using a spoon stir together water, melted butter, and cake mix until blended.
- Spoon batter into 8-inch loaf pan, lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 44 to 46 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan.
- Cool cake completely.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-low. Lightly oil the grill grate with a wire grill brush.
- Slice pound cake into 1-inch slices. Brush the pound cake slices with melted butter.
- Grill until the cake is toasted, about 2 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with cranberry rhubarb compote.
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh/frozen cranberries
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
orange extract, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Place over medium heat, cook slowly for 1 hour, stirring occasionally or until berries start to pop but are still whole.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.