We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I found this fantastic recipe on Cook Eat Share. A great place to find all kinds of delicious recipes. From regional to international recipes, Cook Eat Share is the place to find recipes.
Sauerkraut Casserole is similar to the filling I use in my recipe for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. The only real difference between the two is this recipe calls for egg noodles and the recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls calls for using rice. Of course, with this recipe you don’t stuff anything with it…except yourself! I couldn’t resist.
If you’re a sucker for a good casserole like me, than you’re gonna love this recipe….Give it a try and let me know what you think🙂 I can promise you that you and your family will keep coming back for more. This casserole is a satisfying, family friendly, comfort food.
- 2 pounds
ground beef, ground turkey or ground pork
- 1 medium
- 2 cans
- 1 can
- 1 (15 oz) package
wide egg noodles
- 2 (15 oz) cans
- 3/4 cup
- 2 cups
Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon
- salt and pepper,
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown ground beef, turkey or pork with chopped onion; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink inside. Drain off any fat.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- You want the noodles slightly al dente. Drain but do not rinse.
- Drain sauerkraut and spoon into the bottom of a greased 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour egg noodles over kraut and brown sugar. Pour browned meat over egg noodles.
- Mix 1 can of warm water with the 2 cans of tomato soup, stir until smooth. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheese is brown and edges are bubbling.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.