On the Menu Today~
Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
I have been using my slow cooker for years and
have made just about everything and anything you can think of but
I have never used my slow cooker to make an actual dessert.
After making this recipe, I have been wondering what has taken me so long!
Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake is beyond easy.
I mean, only three ingredients easy.
I had 2 quarts of homemade cherry pie filling that needed a recipe and
I had a package of yellow cake mix calling my name…so
I took the plunge and made a dessert in my slow cooker.
If you don’t have homemade cherry pie filling that needs a recipe,
you can use 2- 21 oz. cans of store-bought cherry pie filling.
Don’t like cherry? Use blueberry instead.
The flavor combinations for this simple recipe are endless…
Blueberry pie filling with a lemon cake mix,
Apple pie filling with a spice cake mix or
Cherry Pie Filling with a chocolate cake mix.
Slow Cooker Cherry
Dump Cake is Delicious~
homemade cherry pie filling OR
2 (21 oz) cans
cherry pie filling
1 (15.25 oz) package
yellow cake mix
1 stick (1/2 cup)
- Pour cherry pie filling into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry yellow cake mix and the melted butter. Stir to combine. (Mixture will be crumbly)
- Sprinkle cake mix-butter mixture over the top of the cherry pie filling. Lightly pat down with the back of a spoon.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.