We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
I have been using my slow cooker for years and have made just about everything and anything you can think of but I have never used my slow cooker to make an actual dessert. After making this recipe, I have been wondering what has taken me so long! Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake is beyond easy. I mean, only three ingredients easy. Top warm Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, if desired and I certainly did desire!
The Possibilities Are Endless
I had 2 quarts of homemade cherry pie filling that needed a recipe and I had a box of yellow cake mix calling my name…so I took the plunge and made a dessert in my slow cooker. If you don’t have homemade cherry pie filling that needs a recipe, you can use two 21 oz. cans of store-bought cherry pie filling. Don’t like cherry? Use blueberry or apple instead.
The flavor combinations for this simple recipe are endless. Blueberry pie filling with a lemon cake mix, apple pie filling with a spice cake mix or
cherry pie filling with a chocolate cake mix. The possibilities are limitless.
- 2 quarts
homemade cherry pie filling OR
- 2 (21 oz) cans
cherry pie filling
- 1 (15.25 oz) package
yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup)
- Pour cherry pie filling into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry yellow cake mix and the melted butter. Stir to combine. (Mixture will be crumbly)
- Sprinkle cake mix-butter mixture over the top of the cherry pie filling. Lightly pat down with the back of a spoon.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.