We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine
Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes. Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine is a different and delicious way to enjoy fresh cod fillets. Not only is this recipe fairly inexpensive to make, it’s a great low-cal meal option. Fresh cod fillets are wrapped around slices of fontina cheese and fresh asparagus spears, then topped with a simple, yet delicious tomato sauce. The cod fillets are nestled on blanched fresh baby spinach and all is served on top of a bed of hot cooked angel hair pasta. Delicious!
Make it your own…
If you and your family aren’t big fans of asparagus, not to worry, use scallions, haricots verts or baby rainbow carrots instead. I have also made this recipe with the same excellent results simply by replacing the fresh cod fillets with turkey or veal cutlets. Keep in mind that cooking times will vary when substituting cutlets for the cod fillets and also when replacing the asparagus spears with different vegetables.
Recipe by Lynn Huntley @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup
- 1 crushed
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 (8 oz) cans
- 2 teaspoons
chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 pound (4 large)
thin slices fontina cheese
- 16 thin
fresh asparagus spears (use 3 asparagus spears instead of 4 if spears are large)*
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup
dry white wine or water
- 2 bunches
- 1 quart
- 1 pound
hot cooked angel hair pasta
- Saute’ onion and garlic in olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in tomato sauce, rosemary, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Lay cod fillets out flat on work surface. Place one slice of fontina cheese on each cod fillet, top cheese with 4 asparagus spears. Roll up and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Lightly brown cod fillets on all sides in butter in medium skillet. Pour wine over rolls; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Clean spinach; place spinach in a heat proof bowl, pour boiling water over spinach; allow to sit 1 or 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange pasta on a serving platter. Place spinach on pasta. Place cod rolls on spinach. Keep warm. Bring butter/wine mixture to a boil. Pour into tomato sauce mixture; stir. Pour tomato sauce over rolls, spinach and pasta.
25+ Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes
- Chili-Lime Scallops by Girl Abroad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp by Simple and Savory
- Coconut Mahi Kale Salad with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Crab Cake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Salmon Sliders by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Baby Octopus by Food Lust People Love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bruschetta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Salmon Tartare by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smoked Salmon, Citrus and Avocado Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Cioppino by Monica’s Table
- Easy Tilapia Pomodoro Dinner by My Life Cookbook
- Frutti Di Mare by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp by Flour On My Face
- No Fail Beer Battered Fish by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- One Pan Mustard Crusted Halibut and Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Cod by From the Bookshelf
- Salmon Honey-Lemon Teriyaki by Asian In America
- Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Scallops with Orange Butter Sauce by My savory spoon
- Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo by The Freshman Cook
- Seafood Laksa by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sheet Pan Salmon by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta by Crazed Mom
- Soft Shell Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet and Sour Salmon by Cricket’s Confections
- Teriyaki Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.